College of William and Mary, 2003
Whittier Law School, 2006
Loyola Law School, 2007 (Tax LLM)
Nicholas C. Mears
Nick Mears is a founding partner of Guerrero Mears LLP. With his background in tax law, he frequently advises and consults on the structure and design of complex business and real estate transactions, and he is able to provide valuable insight and guidance with respect to a wide range of business, real estate, and estate planning matters.
He possesses a deep level of experience from handling numerous complex transactions and issues, including the following:
- Representing a seller in the sale of oil and gas assets valued at approximately $40 million in Kern County and Ventura County, California, the proceeds of which were tax-deferred in a section 1031 exchange;
- Representing a farmer in the sale of over 800 acres of almond trees and grape vineyards in Kern County California, the proceeds of which were tax-deferred in a section 1031 exchange;
- Representing the seller in a leveraged buyout of a professional employer organization valued in excess of $20 million;
- Representing a chief executive officer on secondment in connection with a $575 million bankruptcy reorganization of an entity owning and operating approximately 19,000 gross lease acres in Santa Barbara County, California;
- Representing the owner in connection with the development of a 15-acre shopping center in Bakersfield, California;
- Representing the owner in the lease of a world-class luxury retail building located in the Rodeo Drive shopping district in Beverly Hills, California;
- Representing an owner in connection with the sale of approximately 90 acres of commercial property with Highway 99 frontage in Bakersfield, California.
Nick also frequently advises and consults on his clients' individual estate planning needs, including both taxable and non-taxable estates. Whatever the size or complexity of your estate may be, Nick will be able to craft the appropriate estate plan for you.